Normal method that I do:
1. From phpmyadmin, click on database, export, save as file, then download the file into my computer.
2. On new server, from phpmyadmin, import, browse to the file downloaded from #1
That is fine for small file. Even though it says 50Mb is OK, but it will depends on the connection speed as well. I tried 27Mb and it’s not working.
So I tried another method:
1. From cpanel on old server, click to backup wizard, click backup, pick mysql databases, select the table, then the download will start.
2. Using my FTP client, upload the *.gz from Step 1 to a folder on my new server. Any folder.
3. Login to SSH, use this command:
gzip -d database_file_name.gz
So it turns to:
4. Then use this command to restore database:
mysql -u user -p new_database_name < database_file_name.sql
Please note that new_database_name is created in advance using phpmyadmin on new server.
Hi thanks for dropping by. Please share the content if you think there is someone who will appreciate it.